Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Another Team Update



Well, it's been a while again. And, again, I blame busyness. It's been another big month!

Football is in full swing and due to some CRAZY situations, we had another school added to our co-op. So far so good, as it brings more athletes and doubles the number of seniors. To be honest, we're a pretty solid team. Now, all they have to do is have the courage to believe they are as good as they truly are.

Two Saturdays ago, we saw our first action against other schools at a scrimmage. I think it was a great day for the Eagles as it was a HUGE step in seeing themselves as winners.
It was also pretty fun to take it to Ol' Papa Rojas' Alma Matter, North High!

Last Friday was our first game of Season 2010, and we came out on top of a 7-6 nail-bitter! In a game that close, you can imagine that there were many situations that our gentlemen (I'll never call anyone who has the guts to play a sport "boy) to overcome adversity and grow as athletes and young men.

Now that we are out of two-a-days, I'm able to get back full swing into training clients. Football was a nice little break, but I'm glad to be back. I'm continually amazed at the relationships that I have built with my clients. One even wants me to get them a NLA Football t-shirt!

Finally, Team Rojas has expanded! Here are the newest members of the Team:
This is Swarley. She's a little shy, and I think it's because she's constantly peeing in the different corners of the living room rather than the litter box. She's also really good at form tackling. Anyhow, there is debate that Swarley hates Jess and is totally in love with me. Exhibit A: She took a nap with me all day Sunday while I watched game film. Also, Swarley is totally that kid that gets all the brothers and sisters in trouble, and while you know this, you never catch them in the act so they never get in trouble. Except of course with that whole peeing in different corners thing.


This is Barnicle. He's really friendly and curious. Kind of like the little kid that strikes up conversation with the sketchy looking guy at the bus stop and you are politely and subtly trying to convey how high the sketchy guy ranks on the creeper scale. Anyhow, as I was typing this blog, I watched Barnicle make an easy 5 foot leap from our couch to our entertainment center. It was one of those bitter sweet moments where you're really proud of the physical ability, but then realize that now you have another entirely different world of problems. Also, for any PETA members out there, we do not promote drug use among our kittens. We actually just woke Barnicle up for this picture. I don't think he liked it. Another fun Barnicle Fact is that he sneezes a lot. I hold to the hilarious irony that he is allergic to pet dander.

Anyhow, we've had them for a couple of weeks now and they're still alive. I guess that means we're ready for adding humans to the Team!

Now, this is going to be a somewhat awkward part of this blog installment. This is where I'm going to talk about a sort of ending for the team blog. To be honest, I couldn't come up with anything original, so I'm going to steal from Coach Chad Miller: Give'em Heaven!



No comments:

Post a Comment