Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday is AWESOME!

Seriously, I really enjoy Monday's. It means I'm back to helping as many people as possible live better lives. Don't get me wrong, weekends are pretty great, and this one was exceptionally rocktastic!

Friday was the big kick-off. As my faithful three readers (Ladies, thank you.) know, the football team I coach is a co-op or three schools; New Life Academy, Bethany Academy and St. Croix Prep Academy. Well on this night, New Life and Bethany were playing basketball against each other. This game has always been a bit of a rivalry, but now there's the added element of competing against guys that are teammates just a couple of short months ago. To be honest, I was hoping for somewhere around 12 overtimes, but was treated to a tight first half and then a second half where NLA put up a sizable lead only to have BA scrape back and make it fun. In the end, NLA escaped with a 10 point win. The best part of the whole night though was to see what this game truly was at its core, a pretty sweet church service. Ok, that's a stretch, but for someone who is so enamored with how awesome the human body is and what you can do with it though some hard work and discipline, it was close. I say church service because of the amazing fellowship aspect. I have never seen so much interaction and catching up between parents of opposing teams, players greeting each other at center court with a hug rather than just a handshake, good natured ribbing during the game instead of typical trash talk, and a deep passion to give the absolute best effort you can because you expect it from the guy in the other color because you've competed with him on the football field. What a sense of community! Also, those young men on the court truly lived out 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (I'd write it here, but you should look it up!)

Saturday, Jess and I joined some friends at the Shout House in Downtown Minneapolis to celebrate Jackie's birthday! She's 29, and she should be really good at being 29 now that she's going at it for the fifth or sixth time! (Just kidding, Jackie! I tease because I love.) If you've never been, you should think about going sometime. I say "think" because there is quite a bit of, shall we say, culture. But, with the right group of people to have your back, it's a great time belting out some classic piano rock!

Sunday was pretty low key. Well, for me anyway. Jess got to hang with one of her favorite redheads, Hannah. She'll have to fill you in on their adventures on her own time, however. I spent most of the morning reading. And not even reading for research or business development, just reading for fun! It doesn't happen as much as I'd like lately, I typically enjoy whatever I read. Mostly because it puts my father-in-law into a position where he has to admit my superior intellect based off how well read I am (Thank you Thomas the Train and Clifford the Big Red Dog!). Jess got home and we promptly left for church and then came back home for some Po' Man Blizzards with Team Fjelstad. It was cool hanging with Zach and Heather and to get to know them a little better and hear how God worked in their relationship. Next time, stuffed burgers at your place!

And now, its Monday, which means back to work! Actually, it's hard for me to call it "work". I really have a passion for and enjoy what I do! It's hard not to when a grandmother, while holding back tears, thanks you for helping her be able to walk her granddaughter to her classroom without having to stop to take three breakes. Monday also means that youth group is coming up in a couple of days, that I get to work with a few of my athletes, no lame weekend sports talk radio and putting time into studying the latest in health and fitness until Friday when it's back to spending time with friends and family! Also, I'm currently sitting across from my super gorgeous wife at Caribou while we enjoy Dollar Monday (if you bring your own mug you get $0.50 off which brought my bill to $0.57! seriously, Monday is such a blessing)!

Monday is also usually Jess's day off. She works hard. She chases 18 three year olds around all week. While it's great practice for our future kids, who promise to be a handful with me as their father, she needs her break and I enjoy hearing about how "lazy" she is on these days.

Well, have a great week everyone! And be sure to enjoy Monday for all it has to offer

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you enjoyed your Monday. My Monday brought me a nice cardio session followed by a delicious lunch. Then soon after came the light sensitive headache and the continuing of a tension headache brought on by a huge knot at the base of my skull. Not to mention loud crazy kids to "help" the headaches.

    But now it has ended with fleece pj pants, warm slippers and an episode of Conan sans commercials :)

    See you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete